When and what information we collect
- We collect information from you when you browse the Site, register on the Site, place an order, communicate with us electronically (such as by e-mail), or utilize other site features
- We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and other connection data.
- If you Subscribe to our Newsletter, Communicate with Us, Create an Account or Place an Order on the Site, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address, phone number, birth date, and other information such as credit card information
- When you use a social media service, for example our YouTube channel, our when you access our Forum
- If you provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input
How we use your information
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, requests for information, or to otherwise serve you
- Help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in resolving issues customers may experience in completing online purchases
- Deliver coupons, invoice and receipt messages/emails, and other transaction communications
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the 'How to opt-out or modify information you have provided' section below.
- We may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., site navigation, general geographic region, products viewed or purchased) in aggregate to perform analytics (e.g. demographic analysis, browser type used, products viewed or purchased) to improve our Site and product offerings.
- As required to assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas
Why we use 'Cookies' and other information
How we share the information we collect
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise make available personally identifiable customer information to third parties; except under limited circumstances as outlined below.
- We share such information as required with our Site hosting partners and other parties who: assist us in operating our website; assist us in conducting our business; and assist in servicing you (e.g. fulfilling orders, subscribing to newsletters, credit card payment processors)
- We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; respond to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others
- If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information for our records
How we protect the information we collect
- Security Methods - We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. Customer information is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. To guard this information, the Site uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) where we collect personal and sensitive information
- Email Security - Note that e-mail may not be encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting sensitive information. Be aware of 'Phishing', a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail purportedly from us but that looks suspicious, do not respond to that email. You may always use the Contact Us link on our Site to contact us directly to ensure that the email will actually be sent to Backcountry Tactical. Though we might ask you your name (and in certain cases when placing an order also ask you to confirm your account registration email and the dollar amount of your specific order), we will never request your password, address, financial information, or any other sensitive information through e-mail.
- Information about children - We are committed to protecting children's privacy and we comply fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to us, for any purpose, we will delete his or her information from our files
- Additional Security - We also ask our customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank or credit card company. We ask all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts. Standard industry practices recommend at least the minimal following security measures:
- Install or update to the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses
- Use complex passwords and reset your e-mail account password frequently
- Do not use the same password on more than one website
- Do not share your password with other people
- Log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer. This step is especially important when using a public computer or access point
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with helpful information or added value, we may include third party links on our Site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We highly recommend you read these linked sites Privacy Policies and Data Collection activities.
If you pay by Credit Card
Note that we do no store any of your Credit Card information on our site, except for the brand of card and the last 4 digits of the card used in a transaction.
How to opt-out or modify information you have provided
- To modify your e-mail subscriptions: For specific list emails, simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. If this link is not present, or you wish to unsubscribe from all categories of emails to which you subscribed: Login to your account and click on the 'Contact Us' Link. Send an message using the "Unsubscribe From Newsletter" Subject Line requesting to be removed from all email lists. It may take up to 10 days for until the change takes affect. Note that you will always receive non-commercial electronic email messages with important information about us or the Site as described above
- To delete all of your online account information from our database, please Login to your account and use the 'Contact Us' link located in the footer of the page to request that your account be deleted. Note that once your account has been deleted, you can no longer Create a New Account using your previous email address. Note that we do not have access to stored information that has already been sent to our service providers (e.g. Credit Card Processors, Payment Gateways) and are not responsible for their data collection and retention policies
- Please note that we may maintain information about individual sales transactions in order to service pending transactions and for record keeping
Changes to our Policy
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at Info@BackcountryTactical.us.
Terms of Service
Please also visit our 'Terms of Service' page that governs the use of our Site.