This website is operated by Backcountry Tactical , a Trade Name of Headsmaster LLC. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Backcountry Tactical, and the terms “you” and “your” refer to users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, consumers, merchants, and/or contributors of content.
By visiting our site, communicating with us in any manner, and/or purchasing items, you engage in our “Service”.
Acceptance of Terms of Service
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your State or Commonwealth of residence. Minors are not permitted to use our site or Service.
The headings used in our agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms
You must be at least 18 years old to order any items from us and at least 21 years old to order handguns and/or receivers from us. SOME LOCATIONS MAY HAVE MORE RESTRICTIVE LAWS AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING AND FOLLOWING THOSE LAWS.
We only sell products into a limted number of States in the U.S.A. which are listed in our States We Service page in the 'States We Do Sell Into' Section. We do not sell items nor ship to any other state, the US Territories and/or Protectorates, APO/FPO addresses, nor any other Country other than the States mentioned in the aforementioned document.
FURTHER RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY to Firearms and Firearm Parts. See our FIREARMS SHIPPING Section
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. In the case that an item or items become unavailable and/or an items price changes between the time you place your order and we process your order, we reserve the right to cancel your order. However, before cancelling your order, we may first attempt to contact you with more information and potential options before cancelling your order.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH US YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE ENTIRETY OF OUR Terms Of Service AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU ACCEPT LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWNING THE ITEM(S) YOU HAVE ORDERED IN THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU RESIDE.
Use Tax Notication
You represent that you understand that you may have to pay Use Taxes on your purchase depending upon your State of Residence and that any such taxes are your responsibility. Backcountry Tactical does not intentionally sell into States that require us to report any such sales to you or your State of Residence. It is your responsibility to understand and follow your State Laws regarding Out Of State purchases for which Sales or Use Tax have not been collected by us on your behalf.
Payment and Fees
- The Only Forms of Payment accepted by Backcountry Tactical are United States Postal Service Money Orders, Visa Credit Cards, and Mastercard Credit Cards.
- US Postal Service Money Order payments clear within 24 hours after we receive the Money Order from you.
- A minimum charge of $35 for all credit cards chargebacks will be assessed.
Products and Prices
We do our best to accurately describe the items and quantities available of the items we sell, but errors and inconsistencies do occur. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear in our online store, but cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate. We try and update product quantities on at least an hourly basis during typical business hours, but we are under no obligation to do so. We do not physically stock every item listed on our storefront, but if the item is listed as 'In Stock', the item is available from one or more of our Distributors or the Manufacturer.
- Photos shown on our store are Manufacturers Stock images and are provided for general informational purposes only and may show optional or additional pieces for illustration purposes. Before placing an order, review the textual Product Description and Product Details information to confirm the item(s) you are ordering.
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right at any time to modify Product Prices and Descriptions without notice at any time.
- Our online inventory changes through out the day. Available Product Quantities on our online shop are typically updated every 15 minutes, but we do not guarantee that a product will be available at the time your order is received by us.
Shipping and Orders
- Firearms, Receivers, and all BATFE regulated items must ship your FFL.
- Ship to addresses must not be a P.O. Box.
- Your order may be split into more than one shipment based on the items location (e.g. Store or Warehouse) or due to Federal Requirements.
A flat rate shipping cost is charged based upon the Dollar Total of your Order, excluding Taxes and Shipping. We try to keep shipping costs as low as possible and ship items directly to you from our Distributors or the Manufacturer. Note that some items must ship from our store due to Legal and/or Manufacturer Requirements; the Order Invoice will indicate “Ships from Our Store” on these items. If your order contains items that ship from our store AND items that do not ship from our store, the order is separated into 2 Shipments/Orders and both the below Shipping Cost Rules applied separately. The Total Shipping Cost is clearly indicated in your Cart and during the Checkout Process.
For items in the order that ship directly from one of our Distributors or the Manufacturer, if the total cost of the item(s) is:
- under $100, a flat rate $12.95 shipping cost is incurred.
- $100 or greater, shipping is free.
For items in the order that ship directly from our store, if the total cost of the item(s) is:
- under or equal to $500, a flat rate $30 shipping cost is incurred
- between $500 and $1,000, a flat rate $15 shipping cost is incurred
- $1000 or greater, shipping is free.
ORDER PROCESSING AND TRANSIT TIMES
- Orders are typically processed from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM Mountain Time, Sunday through Friday.
- Orders that do not contain any FFL items will ship the next business day after the order was processed, at which point you will receive a tracking number (if available). Transit time for delivery of non FFL orders is typically 2-5 business days after shipment.
- Orders that are required to be shipped to your FFL Dealer will ship 1 to 2 business days AFTER we receive a copy of your Dealers FFL. Total Transit time for delivery of FFL orders is typically 1 to 4 business days or 4 to 7 business days, depending on if the item is in stock at our store. You will receive a tracking number when the shipment is enroute to your FFL Dealer.
- In the cases that an item becomes unavailable or the items price changes between the time you place your order and we process your order, we reserve the right to cancel your order. However, before cancelling your order, we may first attempt to contact you with more information and potential options before cancelling your order.
- Order Processing Times, Times to Shipment, and Transit Times are an estimate and are not to be construed as a guarantee.
We are always pleased to attempt to cancel an order for you if possible. See the bullets below regarding cancellation requests.
- Orders can only be cancelled if we receive notification from you to cancel the order before we have submitted the Order to our Distibutor(s).
- Orders Cannot be cancelled after the Order has been submitted by us to our Distibutor(s).
- If paying by Credit Card, the time frame to cancel an order may be a matter of minutes between your order placement and our fulfillment of your order (e.g. if you place your Order during the time we are processing our online orders).
- Though we will do our best to attempt to cancel an order per your request, if the order has not yet been submitted to our distributor(s), UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ORDERS THAT WERE NOT CANCELLED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, US BEING UNAWARE OF THE CANCELLATION REQUEST.
Backcountry Tactical will ship only to valid FFL dealers.
Firearms cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box, unless the P.O. Box is listed on the FFL License.
Backcountry Tactical will not ship ANY AR or AK Firearms, Parts, or Receivers to the following States:
- New Jersey
- New York, and
Backcountry Tactical DOES NOT ship high-capacity magazines, defined herein as magazines holding greater than 10 rounds, with firearms to the states listed below. We WILL NOT replace such high capacity magazines with state compliant magazines. We DO NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines. Please check if there is a State Compliant Version for your State of the firearm you wish to order.
- New Jersey
- New York
Your Responsibilities and Liabilities
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU CAN LEGALLY OWN THE ITEM YOU ORDERED. THERE ARE NO RETURNS ON FFL ITEMS
- Contact your local FFL dealer with any questions before ordering regarding the sale or transfer of firearms, and to verify their transfer fee and to ensure they will receive your transfer.
- YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND COSTS INCURRED FOR RETURNED FFL SHIPMENTS DUE TO YOUR FFL DEALER REFUSAL OR FAILURE TO RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT. All shipping costs incurred by Backcountry Tactical and a 20% (twenty percent) restocking fee shall be deducted from any refund due to a returned shipment. At our sole discretion, we may charge a higher restocking fee if the returned items were not from our store stock, were ordered from one of our distributors to fulfill your order, and the distributor charges us a restocking fee greater than 20% (twenty percent).
If you order a handgun, stockless shotgun, complete AR or AK receiver, or stripped receiver, YOU MUST be:
- A legal resident of the state in which you are ordering.
- 21 years of age or older and complete the transfer through your FFL.
All Sales are Final. NO RETURNS. The only returns permitted are if an incorrect item was shipped, as solely determined by the Manufacturer Part Number. DAMAGED ITEMS ARE NOT RETURNABLE. IF YOU RETURN THE DAMAGED ITEM IT MAY BE DESTROYED AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE. See our “Damaged or Lost Shipments”, “Risk of Loss”, and “Firearms Shipping” Sections in this agreement for further detail.
Backcountry Tactical is not a warranty repair station, and therefore BACKCOUNTRY TACTICAL MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ANY MERCHANDISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The only warranties provided are provided by the manufacturer and are as contained in each manufacturer’s package. All requests for warranty information, repairs, and claims should be made directly to the manufacturer. Please ship all repairs directly to the manufacturer to avoid delays. All sales are final and made without explicit or implied warranty.
Risk of Loss
All items purchased from Backcountry Tactical are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss for such items pass to you upon delivery to the carrier.
Damaged or Lost Shipments
While we do our best to ensure that your product reaches you as quickly and trouble-free as possible, we cannot guarantee that your package will not be damaged or lost by the shipping carrier or that once delivered that your product will not be stolen or damaged.
If you receive a damaged shipment and/or item, Backcountry Tactical will either: 1) Initiate and handle the claim or search process; or 2) Assist you to the best of our ability after you initiate the claim or search process. Who initiates a claims process depends on the shipper and circumstances, and is at our sole discretion. If we initiate the claims process you agree to render us assistance as required to process your claim.
In case of damaged or lost shipments please contact us as the first step.
- IF A SHIPMENT IS DAMAGED TAKE MULTIPLE PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE DAMAGE AND CONTACT US (BACKCOUNTRY TACTICAL) IMMEDIATELY AND WAIT FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
- DO NOT SHIP THE DAMAGED ITEM BACK TO THE ORIGINATING MAILER OR REFUSE ACCEPTANCE OF THE ITEM as the item may be simply be destroyed and there will be no further recourse to resolve the situation,
- KEEP ALL THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING, PACKING MATERIALS, AND THE DAMAGED ITEM UNTIL THE CLAIM IS SETTLED. The Carrier may require inspection of the shipment/item to approve the claim.
- IF A SHIPMENT APPEARS TO BE LOST, CONTACT US (BACKCOUNTRY TACTICAL) AFTER THE SHIPMENT IS CONSIDERED OVERDUE, the definition of overdue typically being 3 Business Days after the expected delivery date for Contracted Carriers (i.e. FedEx, UPS) or 7 Calendar Days after the expected delivery date for the United State Postal Service (USPS).
Contact us using the email provided on your invoice to ensure the most expedient service.
ALL SHIPMENTS ARE FULLY INSURED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE AND REQUIRE AN ADULT SIGNATURE UPON ACCEPTANCE
Additional General Terms
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made, though we cannot guarantee the attempt to contact you will be successful.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
Modifications to the Service
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to our current website shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. You can view the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time by referencing this page. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Errors, Inaccuracies, and Omissions
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We make no warranty on the accuracy of a product listing when a conflict in the product information is present.
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
Registration and Account Obligations
As a condition precedent to your use of the Service, you warrant and represent that you are not a minor, are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not barred by law from using the Service. You further warrant, represent and agree to: provide true, accurate, current and complete information in your registration to use the Service and maintain and promptly update such registration information to keep it true, accurate, correct and complete. Any violation of the foregoing warranties, representations or agreements may result in suspension or termination of your privileges to access and use the Service.
If you use the Service, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer. You also agree that you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password. BTC reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
You are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us..
We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the Service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the Service is at your sole risk. The Service and all products and services delivered to you through the Service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
IN NO CASE SHALL BACKCOUNTRY TACTICAL OR OUR PARENT, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, INTERNS, SUPPLIERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, REPLACEMENT COSTS, OR ANY SIMILAR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCTS PROCURED USING THE SERVICE, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT (OR PRODUCT) POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
While every possible care is taken to ensure that the goods are suitable for the purpose intended, Backcountry Tactical accepts no responsibility for damage or injury to property or persons resulting from sales or use of such goods.
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability in Regards to Firearm Purchase
YOU THE BUYER DO HEREBY RELEASE FROM ANY LEGAL LIABILITY, AGREE NOT TO SUE, ATTACH THE PROPERTY OF OR PROSECUTE, CLAIM AGAINST, AND FURTHER AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS BACKCOUNTRY TACTICAL AND OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUBCONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS AND EMPLOYEES FOR CLAIMS RELATING TO, ANY ACCIDENTAL, UNINTENTIONAL, EMOTIONAL OR NEGLIGENT INJURY TO YOU THE BUYER, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR ASSOCIATES, YOUR GUESTS, AND THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMIT INJURY OR DEATH TO YOU THE BUYER, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR ASSOCIATES, YOUR GUESTS, AND THIRD PARTIES, RESULTING FROM, OR RELATING TO, YOUR PURCHASE, OWNERSHIP AND OR USE OF FIREARMS PURCHASED. YOU UNDERSTAND BEING AN OWNER AND USER OF FIREARMS INVOLVES RISK AND YOU ARE FULLY AWARE OF THE RISKS AND DANGERS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMIT PERSONAL INJURY AND DEATH, TO YOU THE BUYER, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR ASSOCIATES, YOUR GUESTS, AND THIRD PARTIES, AND THAT BY THE ACT OF PURCHASING A FIREARM AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE FULLY CAPABLE OF SAFELY OWNING AND OPERATING FIREARMS, AND WILLINGLY ASSUME ANY RISK OF SUCH INJURY OR DEATH AS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS BACKCOUNTRY TACTICAL AND OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUBCONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, MADE BY ANY THIRD-PARTY DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE DOCUMENTS THEY INCORPORATE BY REFERENCE, OR YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY LAW OR THE RIGHTS OF A THIRD-PARTY.
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service agreement or agreement incorporated therein are determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service agreement or agreement incorporated therein, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
The Terms of Service agreement or agreement incorporated therein are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service agreement or agreement incorporated therein shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to the Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of State Of Colorado of The United States of America.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at Info@BackcountryTactical.us.
Changes to our Terms of Service
If we decide to change our Terms of Service, we will post those changes on this page. This page was last modified on February 27, 2020.